About the Creative Alliance
The Creative Alliance – Sunshine Coast is a not-for-profit, arts advocacy organisation, governed by a member-elected volunteer Board
The Creative Alliance connects the dots between creative thinkers, businesses, places, supporters, target markets, audiences and key stakeholders through Advocacy, Learning, Networking and Partnerships.
Promoting the value of creative enterprise and artistic expression as drivers of innovation, business, culture and regional identity.
A Brief History
In 2008, the Noosa Creative Alliance program was initiated through a partnership between business and government and aimed to engage the Noosa community in a catalyst leadership program to promote the creative class and economic development of the Noosa region.
One year on, the value of this program was recognised as an important initiative for the wider Sunshine Coast and an incorporated not-for-profit association was formed to continue as the Creative Alliance - Sunshine Coast.
Since then our activities have extended to embrace creatives and knowledge peoples across the Sunshine Coast region.
- Show regional leadership within the Creative Industries and act as an umbrella organisation for arts organisations within the Sunshine Coast;
- Facilitate and contribute to the growth and development of creative and knowledge industries on the Sunshine Coast
- Connect artists and arts organisations to audiences, governments, investors and the wider community;
- Support individuals and organisations engaged in niche arts projects and creative industry initiatives;
- Act as a creative industries advocate to local, state and federal government agencies;
- Promote the advantages of the Sunshine Coast region (locally, nationally and internationally) as a prime location for creative and knowledge industry practice;
- Contribute to building a creative and collaborative community through supporting the development of high value, sustainable economic development.
- Showcasing and networking events including the popular Juice & Jam Arts Breakfast series, and Pecha Kucha nights;
- The co-production of urban activation and cultural events with partners such as Noosa Creative Precinct (Junction Alley), C-Square and BalconyTV, Paisley Park Project (Lamkin Lane Live), Tidal Magazine, SCEC (World Environment Day) TurnUp! Music Industry Conference;
- The connection of artists, arts groups to each other and to the wider community through our online portal and arts directory;
- Provision of support and auspicing services to creative individuals and groups, particularly in relation to grant applications and insurance requirements;
- Continuous policy development and support and of the creative industries through the Creative Cabinet [NS3] that includes regional representatives from a across the sector including entrepreneurs, artists, educators, professionals and business people;
- Representation on relevant committees and networks including the Sunshine Coast Arts Advisory Board, SC Business Council Think Tank, SCC’s Urban Design Advisory Panel, the SC Mayor’s Business Leaders Roundtable, the Commonwealth Games Opportunities Forum and the Local Business Support Program Working Group
- Facilitation of collective discussion forums for music, architecture and film sub-sectors;
- Industry promotion and marketing through the Creative Alliance website, e-news and social media portals